Thursday, March 09, 2006

Winter Snow and Slush + Black Pants = Time for New Pants

I have a pair of black pants I got at Kohl's a couple of years ago that I really like. They're mostly cotton, nicely cut, and even came with a kicky multi-colored fabric belt. They're machine washable, dry pretty much wrinkle-free, and of course--being black--go with just about everything.

Unfortunately, I think I brushed up against my schmutz-covered car one too many times. You know that typically New England-ish white stuff on everyone's car? The stuff that's a combination of snow, sleet, ice, ice remover, salt, sand, and plain old mud? (I don't know the technical name for it, but there probably is one.) As far as I can tell, it has bonded to the particular fabric of these pants. I've washed them two or three times, and they still come out with white streaks. Just the pants; nothing else. If I used powdered laundry detergent, I might blame that, but this Laundry Goddess is strictly a liquid detergent deity, so that's not it.

Sigh. Back to the store. I might even splurge on two pairs of black pants, with or without the kicky fabric belt. But maybe I won't wear them until I can get to a carwash.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home