Monday, August 01, 2005

1,000 Pages and Counting

The Boy decided that it was time to start reading the Harry Potter books. I couldn't agree more. Although his reading ability has been more than up to the task for a while, I tend to agree with an interview I read several years ago with J.K. Rowling, who believes that her books are best read by people ages 10 and up. Earlier than that, and some of the content can be overwhelming. I'm--well, let's just say I'm a few years past age 10--and the books have made me cry more than once.

So he started with Sorcerer's Stone last Monday and just kept going. Here it is, just his eighth day of H.P. reading, and he's already well into The Goblet of Fire (my personal favorite). That's more than 1,000 pages in a week. A summer week no less, with day camp during weekdays and family activities on the weekend.

Jim is racing to complete the latest (sixth) book, Half-Blood Prince, before The Boy catches up. It will be close.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home