Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Middle School Orientation

Omigod, omigod, omigod, omigod, omigod, omigod, omigod, omigod, omigod, omigod, omigod, omigod, omigod, omigod, omigod, omigod, omigod.

The Boy is growing up. Soon to be actually signing up for classes, instead of learning most things from one teacher. Changing classes. Using a locker with a lock. Taking "PE," not just gym. Bringing home binders. Working in teams.

Omigod, omigod, omigod, omigod, omigod, omigod, omigod, omigod, omigod, omigod, omigod, omigod, omigod, omigod, omigod.

I'm sure I'm much more stressed than he is. And I know that I survived such things. It's just, well, he's my baby. Even though he's growing bigger every day.

Middle school. Is any parent really ready?

Omigod, omigod, omigod, omigod, omigod, omigod, omigod, omigod, omigod, omigod, omigod, omigod, omigod, omigod, omigod. (repeat 500 times)

2 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

hahaha, I'm feeling that way right about now about kindergarten!!! hahaha

10:08 AM  
Blogger Alison Rose said...

Fortunately, the principal seems great--I'm hoping first impressions are accurate. It's heartening to realize they actually want us to make appointments to come in and talk to a PERSON instead of just sending in a letter about your child to prep for classroom assignments. (I mean, they'll accept a letter, but they really prefer to meet you.)

To Erin: Thanks for the advice--I know you have the experience in that area!

To Rebecca: Every step is new, isn't it? Kindergarten is awesome, but in it's own way, if memory serves, as scary a transition (for the parents, anyway!) I have an idea--let's take Erin's advice and breathe and relax TOGETHER! :-)

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home