Thursday, April 27, 2006

Happy 1st Anniversary to ... MEEEEE!

One year ago I started this blog with this post. At the time, I boldly declared that my blog wouldn't be about roller coasters (SFNE is an acronym for Six Flags New England, as well as the wording of my own coinage). And I've stuck to that pledge. No roller coasters. Just life, love, and clams in the bluest of blue states (with a few side trips) in the pursuit of musings on what makes New England so f&%*$#g New England. (Plus some stuff on my family and other odds and ends. Sometimes a girl's just gotta write.)

According to my stats, I've written more than 275 posts. (Jeez, can I talk or what?!) I'm now proud to declare myself a Massachusaweenian (my husband's term for a person from Massachusetts, 'cause there doesn't seem to be any other). Although I'm not really a newcomer to New England anymore (this summer marks my fifth year), I'm still treated as a virtual newbie by all you unto-the-seventh-generation types. But that's okay. Part of the fun of being a newbie is seeing old things through new eyes. (Okay--middle-aged eyes. Ya got me.)

It's been a pleasure hearing from my readers (yes, commenting is welcome) and on occasion even meeting fellow bloggers. There are a LOT of us out there, so the fact that anyone reads me is a treat. I'm grateful to you all. And thanks to anyone who's given me a shout-out in his or her blog (special gratitude to Adam G. at Universal Hub) or linked to me in Bloglines--you're all cool in my book.

So, where do we stand, one year later? Fried clams still good, anti-gay marriage groups still bad, Battlestar Galactica and Veronica Mars still frakkin' awesome, good BBQ in New England no longer an oxymoron, loving the weather any time but mud season still TOTALLY SFNE.

Gotta stop now--getting a little misty-eyed, and The Boy wants microwave popcorn. I'm hoping I'll be around for a second anniversary--so let's check back here, same time next year. In the meantime, keep reading, tell your friends, and stay blue!

5 Comments:

Blogger Michele said...

Happy blogiversary!

7:39 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Congrats! Happy Anniversary. ;) Welcome to the ranks of being from Massachusetts, officially. ;)

10:10 AM  
Blogger Tish Grier said...

Happy Blogiverary! (yeah, I'm late, but I mean well :-)

and this will mark my fifth year as a Massachusite, too! Weird, isn't it?? kinda gives you that "well, how did I get here?" feeling.

2:09 PM  
Blogger Alison Rose said...

Thanks, all!

The older I get, the faster time moves. When I was a kid, time moved very sloooowly, because I had nothing to compare it to. Now that I have a kid, it moves veryfastindeed, if only because I can measure it in inches grown, not just days passed.

And Happy Massachusaweenian Status to you, to Tish!

6:42 AM  
Anonymous Marie Chase said...

Hi great reeading your blog

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home