Friday, March 16, 2007

On Such a Snowy Day, Let's All Give Thanks of the Techie Kind

My son's school closed early today, so I left work to pick him up (he normally walks a mile home, but he didn't have snow gear). Unfortunately, my work day wasn't over, and I didn't want to lose any vacation hours. The fact that I could bring my computer home and boot up with full connectivity to my company reminded me once again what a great age we live in--technologically speaking, anyway.

So here's my "thank you!" list for today:

  • Laptops
  • Broadband (I don't even think I remember how to use dialup anymore!)
  • Instant messaging
  • Broadband
  • Good ol' email
  • Broadband
  • RSA SecurIDs with those nifty random number generators
  • and did I mention broadband?


  • Oh, yeah, and thanks to Midas for putting those nifty winter-style blades on my windshield wipers a few weeks ago. Sure made the drive home easier.

    Labels: ,

    1 Comments:

    Blogger Jammer said...

    SecurID, eh? Where do you work? :)

    7:51 AM  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home