Friday, June 30, 2006

Five Years...and Counting!

This weekend marks the fifth anniversary of my family moving to New England. Happy to be here, happy to stay.

Regular readers of this blog know that I'm still groovin' on the Blue State vibe of Massachusetts and its environs. As a former child of the South and an adult of the mid-Atlantic and the West, I've learned and experienced many new things.

But if there's one thing I've learned in these last few years, it's this:

With the Sox doing so incredibly, spectacularly well right now (12-game winning streak, 4 games ahead of the Evil Empire in the standings), just how bad will the post-All Star break slump be?

I'm really getting concerned, because the high is so high right now. Are we heading for another World Series win or should I prepare my summer mourning outfit (black cropped pants, black tee-shirt, black Sox cap, black sandals)? Would someone like to pep me up before I worry myself into a tizzy?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home