Saturday, April 01, 2006

I Really Need to Go to Watertown More Often

...if only to go to Sevan Bakery, which is filled with too many wonderful things, all of them (as far as I can tell) at reasonable prices. Besides the Armenian breads and pastries, preserves, cheeses, and so on, they have wonderful dried fruit. I've never had dried nectarines before--heck, I didn't even know they existed--and now I've decided they're permanently on my "must-have" list.

If you want to spend a bit more money per pound for your goodies, walk across the street (Mt. Auburn St.) from Sevan to Fastachi, which has freshly roasted nuts and trail-mix combos, as well as incredible chocolates and other candy. I'm already envisioning a pre-holiday visit in December for gifts. There's a range of goodies in all price ranges: The cherry-and-almond dark chocolate bark is wonderful (at $26 a pound, we splurged on a whole 4 ozs.), but the tri-flavored caramels we found in a decorative basket for about a buck apiece were also tasty.

Oh, and lunch at New Ginza on Galen St. was excellent as well. Despite the rain, a very good day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home