Friday, December 23, 2005

Holiday Pressure Redefined?

Somehow, I managed to make it through the first part of cold and flu season surrounded by a bunch of sick people in my office (hacking, sniffling, you name it) and stay well.

So naturally, two days before Christmas, I've developed a sinus infection, which isn't something you catch from anyone else--you develop it on your own. I'm downing Tylenol and sudafed like they're going out of style and waiting for my doctor to call in a prescription for antibiotics. (Once again, thank you Alexander Fleming!)

Nothing like entering the holiday weekend with a face that feels like it's going to fall off from the pressure. I don't think this is what people mean when they talk about "the pressure of the holiday season," but it's a fine definition for me.

3 Comments:

Blogger Halley Suitt Tucker said...

Major drag! So sorry to hear this A! Anything I can get you?

:(

Get well soon

-- Halley

9:04 AM  
Blogger Alison Rose said...

That's so sweet--thanks! I've already checked and CVS has the prescription ready to go, so I think I'll be okay. The funny thing is that the rest of me feels fine--it's just that the right side of my face has gone on strike!

9:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, stress does equal sickness, and the holidays are full of it. I wonder if anyone's ever done a study that shows people get more colds in December.

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home