Thursday, June 16, 2005

Now I Get It!

Call me a little slow on the uptake, but I wondered what the point of all the unseasonably hot weather we've had for the last few weeks was. Now, I know--it was to help us appreciate the unseasonably cool weather we're having this week. Life is all about contrast, isn't it?

Personally, I'm loving the weather today. A little sun would have been nice, but you can't have everything. I was out all morning at my son's school field day. I wore a short-sleeved t-shirt, while just about everyone else had on windbreakers, microfleece, turtlenecks, you name it. It was delightful--cool and comfy, around 60 degrees, no rain (though the skies threatened). Perfect weather for 400 kids to run around in for two hours--no fainting, no dumping of drinking water on heads (the kids actually drank the water), no messing with sunscreen.

Of course, if this keeps up, by next week I'll be complaining about the chill in the air again. Just watch me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Liberty said...

Alison...You've done enough. Have you no sense of decency, sir, at long last? Have you left no sense of decency?

Have mercy on us Virginians living in this blast furnace of hell (and it's real hot down here too).

Just a hitch down the road from Norfolk, in Suffolk, it was 110 degrees yesterday. The government had to dip into our Slurpie reserves in order to keep the citizens from rioting down there.

So enjoy your air cooled northern weather while you can. Summer will have its way with you soon.

And when it does, I'll be sitting on my own backlog of Slurpies!

Joe

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home