Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Not a Tear Down--A Blow Up

Wow--my husband and I either walked or drove past this house just about every day. Now it's gone. Thankfully, no one was seriously hurt, but it's a shame to lose such a beautiful home--Civil War-era.

Scary, fiery stuff happens--I know, because my house was hit by lightning in Texas. No one was hurt then, either, and most of the house was salvaged, thanks to the quick response of the West Carlisle (Texas) Volunteer fire department. So what I want to know is this: although the Lexington, Burlington, Bedford, Belmont, Waltham, and Hanscom AFB fire departments showed up at 3 Hancock St. within minutes, where was Keyspan?

From the Lexington Minuteman:
The fire, Lexington police say, blazed for two hours because the gas line to the house was not shut off. It took Keyspan employees one hour to reach the scene and another hour to shut off the gas, according to police.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

Alison - where is this house? Which side of Lexington, through the center? I don't recognize it and I'm out and about quite a bit there (since I work on base, I traipse through town pretty often. Well, relatively often...)

7:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, I just sent a note into KeySpan asking if they have any plans to:

1) Apologize

2) Even pay for a htoel for the folks

3) If they are going to pay for the house/damages at all.

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home