Thursday, September 22, 2005

Quite a Stretch

Tonight, The Boy was finishing his homework at the dining room table (as I should have been. I brought something home to proofread, and what am I doing? Blogging!). He said, "You know, it would be nice if they'd let us get up for five minutes during class and just stretch. It would help us because our muscles get stiff sitting for so long."

I said, "But don't you get recess every day? Two recesses, in fact? Don't you get to stretch then?"

"Oh, Mom," he said, in his infinitely wise manner, "that's running around! We don't really stretch. Stretching would be nice. Just a half-minute or so between recesses."

At work, I can install a program called Stretch Break on my computer. You set it to ping you to perform ergonomically correct exercises every 30 or 60 minutes. I used it for a while, then found it annoying to be interrupted every hour, so I finally uninstalled it. But The Boy is making me rethink that. Maybe stretching for a half-minute a few times a day would be nice.

But two recesses a day would be much, much nicer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home