Thursday, February 09, 2006

People: Ahead of the Entwistle Curve

Although I don't read it unless my doctor's office has copies lying around, People Magazine has always been at least a cut or two above the other celebrity mags, if only because the editors often focus on stories of "real" folks (some of them, admittedly, inspiring). This week's cover story isn't inspiring--just sad: the Entwistle tragedy in Hopkinton. (I still didn't buy a copy--I saw it on the counter at my local CVS last night.)

True crime has a way of turning "real" people into celebrities, unfortunately. The news about Neil Entwistle's arrest this morning is certainly keeping this story in the public eye, and not just in Massachusetts. Let's hope that this doesn't turn into a circus like the Lacy Peterson case. But perhaps that's just too much to hope for.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

I am so sickened by this case.
Sickened.

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home