Friday, July 15, 2005

Illegally Blonde from Across the Pond

I've been getting comments lately from a British blogger who calls herself "Illegally Blonde." She's got some good stuff--check her out!

I feel sympathy for her current job dilemma--not happy, wondering what her next move should be. I've been there--rotten boss, rotten situation, but not now. I love my job; I'm grateful for it every day. But it took me a few years to get here. The only advice I can say is: If you can change your situation, try. And if you need to, try again. I wish IB the best of luck.

4 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Ding dang. I just clicked the Illegally Blonde link in your post and got stopped by my company, and got a stern (albeit generic) warning about using the web for non-work-related activities.

Now I'm really curious to see her site! ;-)

Last time I got stopped while surfing at work was when I was researching our recent trip to Martha's Vineyard. We were staying in Aquinnah so I wanted to figure out which beach would be best. Gay Head was near by so I googled that. One of the search results was for a site called the Naturalist. I naively thought the site was aimed at birders and the like. Turns out there's a nude beach there. I was blocked from site.

So, when my company's internet police look at my web activity it will appear I was searching for "gay head" on Martha's Vineyard and thought that the nude beach would be a good place for it. Sheesh. Hope I'm not going to have a "job dilemma" soon too!

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Illegally Blonde said...

Hey thanks for the ad! I'm not sure why mine would be so controversial as for your server to disallow access, David... hmm! Bit of swearing perhaps?

4:03 AM  
Blogger Alison Rose said...

LOL! David--I hope you got on IB's site from home.

IB--glad to draw any additional readers I can to your "controversial" site!

6:47 AM  
Anonymous From Slut To Serenity (formerly Illegally Blonde) said...

By the way I've moved house (click the link here) - the new title is even more unfriendly to work servers!

5:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home